Thursday, 14 February 2013
|2013 National Science ChallengeAbout National Science Challenge
Being organised since 1983, the National Science Challenge (NSC) has always been one of the most highly anticipated
science competition by secondary school students all over the country. With the objective of inculcating a culture of
science excellence, the Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM) conducts the competition to nurture, promote and enhance
interest among school students in science, technology and innovation.The competition comprises of four different level of challenges;
- Preliminary Level - 3 April 2013 (at all participating schools).
- State Level - June 2013
- Semi Final - August 2013
- Grand Final - November 2013
The Grand Prize of this challenge is the 'Prime Minister's Challenge Trophy'.
Beginning 2013, the National Science Challenge is organized by the Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM) in collaboration
with the Ministry of Education Malaysia (MOE), ExxonMobil and ASM-Young Scientists Network (YSN).Who Can Participate?
Participation is open for Form Four
(4) science students only.Terms and Conditions.
- Schools may send more than one team.
- Each team must consist of three (3) students and a mentor teacher.
- Teams with '1 Malaysia' feature is highly encouraged.
- Participants must be passionate & have vast knowledge in science and mathematics and able to communicate in English.
- By participating in this challenge, participants agree to be bound by the competition's Terms and Conditions.
- Organizers reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute any of the prizes of equal or greater value.
- Organizer reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Challenge at any time without giving any prior notice to any party.
- Decision made by the judges are final.
How to Participate?
Schools interested are required to register their teams online. A valid and active email address for each registration
is required. Each successful pre-registration will be notified via email.
Participants are strongly advise to read all the details before submitting your registration.
Last Updated ( Friday, 30 August 2013 )