Academy of Sciences Malaysia will organise ASM East Coast Chapter STEM Programme to encourage young minds to understand the value of higher education in creating a better future. This program will expose the participants to Science and Technology via hands-on activities and fun learning experiences. Among the activities are talks, hands-on sessions, science experiments in the university teaching laboratories, field learning experience, writing a scientific article and presentations.
The ASM East Coast Chapter STEM Programme is a well-coordinated combination of STEM bootcamp activities under the East Coast Chapter co-organised with the following four universities:
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (Computer Science for Youth Camp, CS4Youth)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu ( Scientist 2B Camp)
- International Islamic University Malaysia (Young Scientist Camp 2023, YSC23)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (Vacation Research Program, VRP)
The Objectives of the programme are:
- Provide the opportunity for post-SPM students to explore various STEM fields.
- Enhance science skills and knowledge through hands-on experience by combining lectures, tutorials, and experiments.
- Allow students to experience campus life to get inspiration and motivation.
- Give students a chance to meet and work with university students, faculty, and professionals.