We are deeply saddened by the loss of six distinguished fellows and one TRSM member between 2021 and January 2022. They have contributed greatly to the nation in their respective fields and expertise. The Academy will honour their passing by continuing their legacy in STIE by consistently undertaking initiatives and programmes that benefit the nation.
Recently, on 25 January 2022, ASM organised its first tahlil and doa selamat event to pay our respects and pray for them. Around 60 fellows, expert network, family members, and ASM staff attended. The event was led by Professor Dato’ Dr Mohd Ali Hassan FASc and his son Dr Ahmad Imran Mohd Ali.
ASM President Professor Emerita Datuk Dr Asma Ismail FASc in her speech expressed her hope that this initiative will continue to be practised as part of ASM’s culture to humanise the organisation.
The ASM Experts that have departed between 2021 and January 2022 are as follows:
- Datuk Dr Hussein Awang FASc
- Professor Dr Hamdani Saidi FASc
- Academician Emeritus Professor Dato’ Dr Khalid Yusoff FASc
- Tun Ahmad Sarji Abdul Hamid (Honorary Fellow)
- Academician Professor Emeritus Dato’ Dr Khairul Anuar Abdullah FASc
- Professor Dr Zhari Ismail FASc
- Professor Dr Mohamed Azmi Ahmad Hassali
Prepared by Abdul A’dzim Abd Rashid.